Saturday, May 21, 2011

It's the End of the World as We Know It (and I feel fine) - R.E.M. (1987)

So every now and then, "those people" - you know, the ones who wear the tin foil hats and think aliens abducted Jim Morrison, make the headlines.

This time it's a bunch of religious fundamentalists who insist that the Bible proves incontrovertibly that the "Rapture" or "End of Days" is going to happen on May 21st 2011 - oh wait, that's today!

I guess that this is the end of the word as we know it... I don't feel any different. There's no fire in the sky. I don't even think that the antichrist has shown up to the party yet (isn't he supposed to come and screw things up before it all ends anyway?).

In short. I feel fine. I think Michael Stipe knew it would go down this way back in 1987 when a certain alternative/college rock band from Athens Georgia wrote this song... (Video after the jump)


Yeah, I don't think I need to elaborate much more on this topic. Happy Rapture Day everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Join Jim Morrison Fanclub at:
    http://jim-morrison-fanclub.blogspot.com/
    The fans will see your blog.You can promote your blog free!!!

    ReplyDelete